A Beautiful Spring Evening Event
Wow, what a ride, I can’t believe we’re here. When we started putting all this together back in November 2011 there was no way to anticipate all the parts and pieces that needed to be in place to make this work. There will be time to recognize and thank those that encouraged and cheered us on but for now we have an event to announce.
Launching Carolina Learning Connection
Join us Tuesday, May 1st at 6:30 in the newly renovated Atherton Market in lovely South End.
- Come and learn about Charlotte’s newest alternative to personal enrichment
- Meet some of the wonderful teachers
- Music by the Tsunami Waveriders
- Enjoy tasty local creations from the dedicated vendors at the Market
- A chance to win a $75.00 gift certificate
- Enroll in a class and we’ll waive the $5.00 registration fee
- Fabulous Prizes
May June Semester Class Highlights
- Political Conventions: What Every American Should Know. With the Democratic Convention coming to Charlotte, this will be a fun and entertaining look at this rich slice of American history.
- Improvisational Theater: Introduction to that zany unpredictable acting and see a side of you unseen before.
- Considering Selling Your Home? Attend one of our workshops that will give you ideas and examples that you can immediately use to impress potential buyers.
A Couple of Thoughts
Listen, I need to be perfectly upfront here. Never in my wildest hallucinations did I ever picture myself here. Not here Charlotte, but here, blogging about a lifelong learning platform that was inspired by another lifelong learning platform. My wife has been unbelievably supportive, my 8 year old daughter wants to start her own learning platform for kids and has thought up some pretty cool classes. I’m a builder, I’ve used my hands all my life to make things for other people not a lifelong learning guy. Maybe that’s why I’ve completely enjoyed going from nothing to this on an idea that the good people of Charlotte would like it.
I’ve taken a vision and put 100% of what I know, which isn’t a lot, into something that if the good Lord see’s fit, will be something special. I may be living in a dream, but it beats the alternative.
So come to our Launch Event and say hello, I’d love to meet you and say “thank you” personally for spending some time with us.
Chasing the dream… Marc